Green FM Sustainability Policy
Considering that the environment is at the heart of our business decisions, we are continually looking at new and innovative ways to reduce our impact on it.
Green Facilities Management Ltd accepts that it must work to preserve the planet’s environmental sustainability, at all levels of its operations – in its own practice. Our ISO 14001 accreditation helps to ensure that all our working practices comply with recognised Environment Management Systems standards.
We aspire to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
We are committed to providing clean and healthy environments for our clients, which extends to improving our environmental performance as a company.
This Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound practice in our operations.
Green Facilities Management commits itself to minimise its impact on our environment through:
· Providing a safe and healthful workplace.
· Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood.
· Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community.
· Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling.
· Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment.
· Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation.
· Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding.
· Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually.
· Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy.
· Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
· Enhancing awareness among our employees and clients – educating and motivating them to act environmentally responsibly.
It shall be the responsibility of our HR to establish and maintain policies and procedures and to bring them into effect.
It shall be the CEO's responsibility to ensure these policies and procedures are implemented.
1. Green Facilities Management will develop guidelines for staff and clients to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are implemented.
2. Green Facilities Management will act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. It will promptly report such incidents to the relevant authorities and inform affected parties appropriately.
3. Green Facilities Management will use reasonable endeavours to reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
4. Green Facilities Management will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
5. Green Facilities Management will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
6. Green Facilities Management will use all reasonable endeavours to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
7. Green Facilities Management will use reasonable endeavours to utilise its knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge, and methods.
8. Green Facilities Management will use all reasonable endeavours to meet or exceed all applicable government and voluntary requirements generally observed in its field. It will also adhere to the more stringent requirements of its own environmental policy.
9. To continually improve its environmental management system Green Facilities Management will use reasonable endeavours to conduct audits and self-assessments of its compliance with this policy.
10. Green Facilities Management will maintain an open and honest dialogue with staff, clients and the public about the environmental, health and safety performance of its operations and services.
11. Green Facilities Management will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that every employee and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concerns to management so that prompt action may be taken.
Green FM Quality Policy
The quality policy of Green Facilities Management Limited is to operate to recognised Codes of Practices and where applicable any other relevant British Standards including the international standards ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System).
We shall strive to improve the level of service and promote and develop a culture of continuous improvement to improve and maintain customer satisfaction levels.
To ensure the business continues to be successful, we shall ensure personnel receive the appropriate training and development to carry out their job in an effective manner.
The performance of the QMS and our quality objectives will be reviewed to ensure their effectiveness and continued suitability at the annual management review meetings. It is our policy to improve the performance of the QMS & EMS.
The contents of this quality policy shall be communicated to all personnel during induction training and its understanding verified during internal audits of the quality management system.
Green FM Environmental Policy
Our environmental management system conforms to the requirement of ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System). We shall conduct spot checks internally and externally to verify that compliance with the standard is being maintained.
Green Facilities Management Limited is committed to adopting environmentally responsible policies and practices, with the reviews of its performance and areas for further improvements in reducing our detrimental impact on the environment.
Through continuous staff awareness, our aim is to create and maintain a high level of environmental responsibility. We are committed to reducing the significant effects that we have on the environment.
Green Facilities Management Limited maintains a fundamental belief in the importance of protecting the environment and will take all necessary steps to eliminate or control environmental hazards.
We aim to use the most environmentally friendly, supplies, energy, and renewable or recycled materials wherever possible.
We shall minimise the waste produced in all parts of our business, including recycling materials and the methods for environmentally acceptable disposal of materials as necessary.
We shall consistently comply with applicable environmental legislation and/or regulations.
Encouraging employee involvement in positive environmental action. Regularly assessing the environmental impact of all its operations.
All Green Facilities Management staff and sub-contractors have a responsibility towards the environment, in which they live and work a responsible attitude and commitment to the Company’s objectives are expected.
This policy shall be communicated to the public via the organisation’s website.